Monday, October 8, 2012

Bullet Shield Plate

This is a prop I made for a short film called Tracked that will be coming out in a few months. In the film it is a metal plate that gets shot with a large caliber bullet.


I took some cardboard from some boxes I had around and cut out how I wanted the plate to look. I did some layering to make it look like someone had made it out of scraps since the movie is in the post apocalyptic future.


I cut out a bullet hole with an exacto knife. Then I painted it with fiberglass resin from Autozone. The resin basically turns the cardboard into hard plastic. After that I covered it in Bondo body patching mold also from Autozone which gives it that tan sculptured look. From there it was just sanding and painting. I used black matte acrylic paint for the base and then silver acrylic paint for the metal sheen.


When I was all done with the plate I made a mushroomed bullet out of the cap of a paint pen. The mushroomed part is just hot glue that I layered up around the base.


Total finished product.





No comments:

Post a Comment